Let’s put it this way.
Pie crust. Tick.
Bananas. Tick, tick, tick.
Enter Jamie Oliver’s Banoffee Pie recipe. Oh and did we mention it only takes 30 minutes? Run don’t walk.
While the recipe is obviously thanks to the Naked Chef himself, we found it on allconsuming.
- 1 store bought pie crust
- 2 bananas
- 100ml milk
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 300ml cream
- 1 tbsp camp coffee
- 2 bananas, extra
- 100g block of dark chocolate
And here’s how to turn all that into a delicious pie:
- Blitz the two bananas with the milk until well combined and smooth
- In a pan over high heat melt the caster sugar. Don’t stir it, just gently tilt as it melts to a dark caramel colour
- Add the banana milk mixture to the toffee, stirring until the toffee melts back into the bananas
- Pour into the pie case and freeze for 20 minutes (or if you don’t need it in 30 minutes, pop it in the fridge!)
- Whip the cream and then fold through the camp coffee essence so it leaves pretty swirls in the cream
- Slice the bananas and arrange over the pie filling, then spoon the cream over the top
- Place the chocolate bar on the bench, smooth side up. Scrape a sharp chef’s knife on a 45 degree angle across the chocolate towards you, making chocolate curls. Arrange over the top of the cream